Personal Accident Insurance

Claim Procedure

Claim Procedure


Notify Relevant Parties

  • Make a police report if there is a fatal/serious injury.
  • Report your claim to us as soon as possible or within 30 days of the insured event(s) by clicking on the “Submit claim online” button.

Submit Information

  • You may submit your claim notification online, download a copy of the claim form or request for the form to be sent to you.
  • Submit your claim online to receive your claims payment faster and hassle-free through FAST or PayNow payment options.
  • For online claim submission
    Please key in your 8 – 10-digit numeric policy number without the alphabetical letters in the “Policy Number” field of the online claim form.

Personal Accident - Online claims submission

  • You should request your attending doctor to complete the “Medical Report” section of the claim form. Please note that claimants are required to bear the fee for obtaining the report.
  • Complete the claim form and submit it with all the necessary supporting documents to us.
Supporting Documents for Personal Accident Claim

You can help us to expedite your claim by providing the required documents promptly.

We will contact you for any additional documents that may be required.

1. If I choke on a fish ball/fish bone and consulted a doctor, can I submit a claim?

Yes, you may submit a claim if you suffer bodily injury caused solely by accident.

2. If I am stung by a bee/bitten by a dog or snake, can I submit a claim?

Yes, we will pay for the medical treatment for an injury caused solely by bites or stings.

3. If I am injured in a natural disaster, can my family members or myself submit a claim?

Yes, our ProtectionPlus insurance covers natural disasters. Please refer to the Policy’s Exclusion list for conditions not covered under the policy.

4. If I meet with an accident 1 day before my policy cancellation date, can I submit a claim?

Yes, you may submit a claim for accidents occurring within the period of insurance. However, some benefits under the policy may be capped as a result of the policy cancellation. Please read your policy documents or contact us for assistance.

5. If I meet with an accident and would like to consult a specialist, do I need a referral letter before claiming for the specialist consultation?

If your policy covers medical expenses, we will pay for the medical, surgical, hospital fees or charges necessarily and reasonably incurred to treat an injury, provided that such fees or charges are required for professional services from a physician and/or at a hospital prescribed by such physician.

We will assess specialist consultations without referral on a case-by-case basis.

6. If I have follow-up consultations, can I submit my personal accident claims after all my consultations are completed?

Please notify us in writing of the accident with full details of any injury immediately or as soon as reasonably possible.

If your follow-up treatments can be completed within 1 month, please accumulate all the receipts/medical leave and submit them together.

7. If my leg is amputated as a result of an accident, can I claim for a prosthetic leg and the rental of a wheelchair?

No, the cost to purchase a prosthetic leg and rental of wheelchair is not covered under the policy.

8. Can I claim for a consultation with a Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Practitioner for an accidental injury?

Please refer to your policy documents as each policy provides a different TCM coverage.

Generally, ProtectionPlus pays for necessary and reasonable treatment expenses incurred up to S$75 per consultation per day, provided that these fees and charges are supported by receipts from a licensed or registered Chinese Physician/Chiropractor.